Eternal is hiring a Research Scientist who will be responsible for supporting various aspects of R&D activities within the Experimentation Platform
- Apply knowledge and skills in biotechnology to provide support for fermentation projects with guidance from scientists.
- Carrying out experiments and delivering results on time with minimal supervision in one or more of the areas of microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or fermentation.
- Assist and complete other duties to support the research team.
- Record and document all stages of work, operate lab information & knowledge management systems.
- Provide technical support to other research team members after some training.
- Eager to learn attitude.
- Great team player, working and communicating closely with a multidisciplinary team.
- Assist Technical Service and R&D with ad hoc requests as needed.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Min BSc degree in microbiology, biotechnology or related field with 3+ years working experience
- Capable of carrying out experiments with minimal supervision in at least one, preferably two or more, of the following areas:
- Molecular biology and microbial strain construction
- Protein expression and purification
- Cultivation/isolation/identification of microbes; general microbiology and aseptic techniques; microbiology assays and strain storage.
- Assist in benchtop fermentation operations and downstream processes such as cell lysis, biomass separation, micro- & ultra-filtration.
- Applied knowledge of microbial physiology, biochemistry, downstream processing.
- Understanding of modern molecular biology, strain and engineering.
- Intermediate computer skills