Eternal is searching for a pilot Plant Supervisor who will be responsible for managing the operation of Eternal Innovation Center. Other activities that this role involves are: schedule process development activities, distributing tasks to the technicians, supporting procurement of materials, and driving safety programs for the area.
- Proactively identify and correct potential hazards and unsafe conditions in the pilot plant.
- Direct workforce to maintain cGMP/5S compliant workspace.
- Comply with Eternal's safety guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain documentation relating to production, audits, and air permitting.
- Coordinate scheduling activities with engineers and chemists in the group.
- Promote innovation by improving the efficiency of work processes.
- Oversee the area training matrix. Develop plans for cross-training against unit operations.
- Provide solutions for staffing and running various pieces of equipment.
- Supervise and support the daily activities of the pilot plant technicians.
- Manage performance objectives and developmental plans for the team.
- Improve safety and operational effectiveness and implement improvement plans.
- Review and approve batch production records before experiments.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- 10+ years of experience with pilot plant equipment or small scale manufacturing.
- Knowledge of common food ingredient processing techniques.
- Good computer skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to task across different disciplines.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to work across multiple disciplines including procurement, logistics, operations, and finance.
- Ability to constructively interact with colleagues from a wide variety of roles within the company.
- Willingness for overnight travel (~10% of the role time)