The Applications Technician is responsible for conducting experiments in our lab to test the performance of our product portfolio within Eternal Foods business. This role will help to develop solutions based on the technical and business need of the given customer. As a member of the Food Systems team, the role is responsible for coordinating with Customer Solutions and Product Innovation to ensure the solutions are developed to meet market needs.
- Developing new food formulations as necessary to demonstrate the performance of our portfolio to best meet project or customer requirements.
- Using standard analytical procedures to define the qualities of formulated food items and, as necessary, coordinating more comprehensive sensory and/or analytical testing.
- Tracking projects and providing regular reports to key stakeholders.
- Keeping accurate records to support internal clients and external customers. Keep appropriate records to support IP strategy.
- Testing the performance of current and new ingredients and communicating results to the sales team to support given opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Working with global teams to understand Ingredion’s position in the market and define a shared worked plan.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, or a related discipline with one to three years of experience.
- 2 years experience working in a laboratory environment
- Medium computer skills
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Proven success multi-tasking and delegating within a fast-paced environment.
- Oral and written reporting skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate across functional lines and at all levels of organization.